“Youngberg Hill creates authentic wines and experiences in our tasting room and Inn that will have you fall in love with life again.” Oregon’s premier wine country estate and one of Wine Spectator’s favorite locations; set on a 50-acre hilltop surrounded by exquisite vineyards and views. We have an amazing 28-year old vineyard that is farmed organically. We are well known for producing award winning wines. As passionate farmers and winemakers we are thrilled to share, educate, and talk wine. We care for our wine and guests with respect. We are proud of our ‘Green’ approach to wine country living and look forward to sharing it with you.”
Wine featured in this episode: these wines were sent to us for free by Youngberg Hill.
Youngberg Hill Chardonnay 2015
- Light nose of toast, toasted marshmallow and flowers
- It’s dry with medium bodied, medium acidity with flavors of grapefruit pith, cheese, vanilla and a little smoke
- The oak is there but not heavy handed
- Priced around $40
Youngberg Hill Nastasha Pinot Noir 2014
- Beautiful ruby color
- Aromas of black cherry and dusty earth
- It’s dry with light tannins and medium plus, almost high acidity with flavors of black cherry, black plum, earth/dry dirt, dried herbs with a long finish
- To me, this is a real fruit forward, juicy black fruit wine, although a light bodied wine – it’s more ripe Pinot Noir – like Wayne said 2014 was a warmer year in Willamette
- Priced around $50
Youngberg Hill Jordan Pinot Noir 2014
- This block of vineyards is pretty much right next to the Nastasha block.
- Aromas of candied black cherry, sweet baking spice like cloves and star anise and dried earth
- It’s dry, light bodied with light tannins, medium plus acidity and flavors of black plum, black cherry, earth/ forest floor, and mushroom on the finish
- Similar to the Nastasha but more earthy flavors vs. fruit
- Priced around $50
We’re coming up to our 100th episode and to celebrate, we want to make you part of the show! Call into our new voicemail and tell us how the podcast has impacted you, or a short, fun story from your wine journey, or something you’ve learned about wine that’s made a difference for you. The number to call is 937-889-WINE (937-889-9463). If you can’t leave a voicemail, you are welcome to email us at email@example.com.