Recently we attended the annual wine bloggers conference which allowed us to spend some time in Sonoma and Napa Valley. These next few episodes will cover some of the information we learned as well as some of the wines we sampled.
This week we discuss:
- Where is Napa Valley?
- Wine production and impact
- Climate and geography
- Grapes grown and why the focus on Cab?
- What to expect from Chardonnay, Merlot and Cabinet Sauvignon
Wines and Wineries featured in this episode
- J. Moss 2015 Los Carneros – $42
- Handwritten Wines 2016 Los Carneros – $55
- Castello di Amorosa 2016 Reserve, Napa Valley – $50
- J. Moss 2013 Coombsville – $84
- Handwritten Wines 2014 Los Carneros – $100
- Handwritten Wines 2014 Stags Leap District – $115
- Castello di Amorosa 2006 Il Barone Napa Valley – $185
Unusually Napa Valley wine varieties
- 2014 Nichelini Family Winery Chiles Valley Petite Sirah – $43
- Antica 2014 Napa Valley Antinori Family Wine Estate Atlas Peak Pinot Noir – $35
- Hess Collection Small Block Series 2016 Mount Veeder Gruner Veltliner – $28
- Silverado Vineyards 2016 Miller Ranch Yountville Sauvignon Blanc – $25
- Schramsberg 2013 Querencia Napa Valley Brut Rose – $55
We’re coming up to our 100th episode and to celebrate, we want to make you part of the show! Call into our new voicemail and tell us how the podcast has impacted you, or a short, fun story from your wine journey, or something you’ve learned about wine that’s made a difference for you. The number to call is 937-889-WINE (937-889-9463).