In this episode, we dive deep into food and wine pairings.
- Why should we care about pairing wine and food?
- Basic strategies
- Pairing 201
- Specific wine and food pairings
Check out The “why” behind Wine Pairing
Specific food and wine pairings
- Sav. Blanc: vegetables, herbs, seafood, pairs with lots of different foods
- Chardonnay: cream/dairy based sauces, seafood, buttered popcorn
- Cab.: fatty meats, steaks, duck, venison
- Zin: Mexican food (unless spicy), dishes with cumin, Pizza, Barbecue dishes (sweet and smoky)
- Pinot Noir: has a lot of acid so pairs well with lots of food, salmon, good fit with ham, turkey , think Thanksgiving
- Rieslings/ Gewurztraminers: spicy (hot) food, Thai, Indian, fish/seafood, big, bold cheeses like blue cheese
- Ports, Moscatos and other dessert wines: desserts, chocolate, cheeses, brunch, fruit plates
- Dry sparking wine: potato chips, cheeses, sushi, all kinds of food
- Pinot Gris: Indian Food, seafood